maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZIP and UNZIP the code source in another project
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:04:34 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Nguyen Tien Luong
<tienluonghp@yahoo.com> wrote:
>    Hi maven's users,
>
> Maybe the title is not understandable enough, here is my example:
>
> I have PROJECT-A which contains only JSP files.
>
> For each PROJECT-B which depends on PROJECT-A, I want that maven go and get the
> JSP files in PROJECT-A and put in PROJECT-B with same folder's structure.

Given that these are JSP files I assume this is a webapp.

If you
 - make A a war file, which will be mostly empty, with the JSP files
in the right layout
 - in B, declare a dependency on A with <type>war</type

Maven will treat the war type dependency as an overlay and
automatically copy in the JSP files from A.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html

--
Wendy