maven-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Müller <pym...@yahoo.de>
Subject Instantly check changes in submodules
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:43:47 GMT
Hi,

i set up a maven project with dependencies to multiple submodules. These sub
modules contain resources and are developed by different persons.

I want these developers to check changes they have made instantly.

If i would be the only developer I would run the modules via "mvn jetty:run"
from the command line of the project's root. Changes to the resources in the
submodules would appear instantly (i use a reloading classloader mechanism).

But I want the developers to only command their modules.

Here's my only approach:
- Developer A deploys his (changed) module to Nexus
- Developer A tells me about the deployment
- I have to run the modules.
- Developer A checks the changes.

Isn't there a less complicated way?

Matthias

BTW: All the modules are managed by a Nexus manager. So, each developer can
deploy and download modules.