maven-users mailing list archives

From Marc Rohlfs <pomar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: mvn deploy and site in one go
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:56:40 GMT
>> another idea could be to call Maven with the --fail-at-end (-fae)
>> option. But this doesn't seem to work with Maven 3 anymore.
> Even if 'fail-at-end' was working: wouldn't the artifacts still be
> deployed, when running 'mvn deploy' ?

Yes, You're right - didn't think about that. It could be solved if You
add another build configuration (mvn deploy -Dmaven.test.skip=true) that
is only triggered when the main build finishes successfully.

 >>> Our buildtimes vary from 30min to 3hour
 >>> (yeah - big heavy integration tests).

How are the integration tests executed in Your build? You should use the
maven-failsave-plugin instead of the maven-surefire-plugin. The
maven-failsave-plugin doesn't fail the build, but the test failures will
be in Your reports.

Another (last) idea, that just occurred to me: You could try to avoid
build configurations for multi module projects and have a separate build
configuration for every single module (per POM). This should decrease
the number of tests per build execution so that it might be "affordable"
if tests are executed twice.
Build configurations would be triggered by VCS changes and snapshot
dependencies.
(Maybe not suitable for You but at least another idea)