maven-users mailing list archives

From Sonam Nepali <Sonam.Nep...@imail.org>
Subject RE: One project for jar,war and ear
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:55:35 GMT
I have seen that there is a Axis2 plugin that builds a aar file using the same project where
the java source code remains.  I can do that with a maven war project and I was wondering
if there is a way to build the java source code, war and ear within just one project.  Its'
fine I can work with a multi-module project.

Thanks

Sonam

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 10:04 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: One project for jar,war and ear

> I have one Maven project which contains the java source code and webapp
> folder. Is there a way to build a JEE ear file using just this project?  I have
> tried maven-ear-plugin but it does not work.

Short answer: no, break it up into modules.

Long answer: maybe, but it will require a lot of configuration (rather
than depending on conventions) and this list is only going to be
marginally helpful since it violates some core Maven principles that
most of us follow, so most people have never tried this and thus
cannot share their working configurations.

Why do you need to do this?

Wayne