maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 3 support for org.apache.maven.user-settings
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:54:04 GMT
I use the following bash function for selecting different maven versions:

usemvn ()
{
    if [ -z "$1" -o ! -x "/opt/apache/apache-maven-$1/bin/mvn" ]; then
        echo -n "Syntax: usemvn";
        for i in /opt/apache/apache-maven-*;
        do
            if [ -x "$i/bin/mvn" ]; then
                echo -n " $(basename $i | sed 's/^apache-maven-//') |";
            fi;
        done;
        echo -e "\b ";
    else
        if [ -z "$MAVEN_HOME" ]; then
            export PATH=/opt/apache/apache-maven-$1/bin:$PATH;
        else
            export PATH=$(echo $PATH|sed -e
"s:$MAVEN_HOME/bin:/opt/apache/apache-maven-$1/bin:g");
        fi;
        export MAVEN_HOME=/opt/apache/apache-maven-$1;
    fi
}

It makes switching maven versions a lot easier. I use similar scripts
for java, ant and all the toolchains I use.

I don't know if that helps you at all though!