maven-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Imported JAR causes problems in suboptimal situation
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 21:51:42 GMT
I am being forced to use maven temporarily in a situation where Internet
access is disallowed.  (Don't even ask).

Amazingly by copying an entire local repository from another machine, I
am able to function most of the time.  The one problem comes up when
maven wants to look at Maven Central for a file it won't find there.
This file is a POM for a third-party JAR that was imported into the
repository.  When run from a machine that has Internet connectivity, it
attempts to download this non-existent POM, fails to find it, and lets
me off with a warning.  When run from a machine that has no Internet
connectivity the build fails with: "connection refused".

Is there a way to tell Maven to use only a local repository and never
try to connect to maven central?