maven-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Maven 3 and cargo plugin
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 20:37:47 GMT
> I have no clue. There shouldn't be any difference. I'm guessing there is
> some difference in your maven 2 and maven 3 execution environments.

Nope:
I unpacked the binary tar archives for both Maven 2 and 3 in /usr/local, i.e. there are directories
/usr/local/apache-maven-{2.2.1, 3.0.2}. There's a symlink /usr/local/maven that points to
the latest version, i.e. 3.0.2, and M2_REPO defaults to this symlink. Therefore executing
"mvn ..." from the command line fires Maven 3.

When I want to use Maven 2 I only have to redirect the M2_REPO variable and prepend the full
path to the mvn shell script from the Maven 2 installation. This is exactly what I did a couple
of hours ago.

Regards

Thorsten