maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help referencing profile properties/attributes...
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:39:30 GMT
> I'm new to Maven and am building a POM with profiles.  I want to be able to

Then you are most likely doing things "wrong." Is there no other way
to build/test your app without using profiles?

> Currently the value of the "config" system property is equivalent to the
> value of the profile id.  Is there a syntax in the POM for referencing the
> id of the profile that is in the parent chain of the property being set?

Not that I'm aware of. The simplest fix is to just put the word
"staging" in that plugin configuration, since your plugin is inside
the profile anyway. The next simplest "fix" is to have another
property, say profile-name, that you copy your profile id to and then
reference that property where you need to use the name.

Wayne