maven-users mailing list archives

From Tirumal Reddy Moolamalla <t.moolama...@zensar.com>
Subject RE: Maven Repository - Handling configuration Files
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:17:39 GMT
Thanks Wayne,

If I do this and create a new ".zip" or some other artifact for my configuration files, is
it possible to deploy this by extracting the config files to specific location using Cargo
plugin?

Regards,
Tirumal Reddy M

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:39 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven Repository - Handling configuration Files

> I don't want to go for creation of maven assembly and packing things
> together. Please suggest me if there are any other approaches

There is nothing stopping you from making another Maven project that
only contains your config files (in src/main/resources, perhaps) and
then publishing that to the remote repo, then picking them up and
unpacking (unjar/unzip) them to use in your app servers directly. This
would not involve the assembly plugin or any non-standard approach.

Why do you have a doubt about this?

Wayne