maven-users mailing list archives

From mremerson...@aim.com
Subject how to patch releases
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:42:01 GMT

 Hi all,

this might be a simple one and if there is documentation about it I'm happy to read that.

Its a basic understanding question:

I have a maven project and do a release - lets say 1.1

The maven release plugin manipulates the poms and tags the software in the scm.

the trunk itself has e.g. 1.2-SNAPSHOT - everything is fine and the release is done

How is the procedure if one needs to patch 1.1 to 1.1.1 ?

I guess one has to create a branch from the tagged version. Then the version in the poms have
to be set to 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT and then development starts.

Is this process only doable by hand or is there also maven tools for that ?

And how about releasing it ? Can I use the release plugin again ? does it understand that
in the scm tag there is now "branches/xxx" instead of "trunk" ?

is it the same procedure ?

Thanks for any clarification or any link
Emerson