maven-users mailing list archives

From Reynald Borer <reynald.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i change the name of the uploaded/installed artifact?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:52:25 GMT
 Indeed. Sorry I read the topic too quickly to give a wrong answer ;-)

Leon, why do you explicitly need to install the war file in your m2repo with a custom name?
Couldn't you simply use the one you can find in the target/ folder? Or you can always use
the maven-resources-plugin to copy the generated war to a given specific folder.

Cheers,
Reynald

On Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 19:30 , Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:

> [...]
uploaded to a repository (e.g. ~/.m2, or a central Nexus repo) the "standard" naming is enforced.

> The finalName tag is really only useful if you skip the deploy step and use the output
artifact directly. (e.g. as part of a larger, non-maven build, or emailing it to a customer,
etc...)