maven-users mailing list archives

From Lucas Persson <lucas.pers...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Using settings properties
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:06:54 GMT
Hi

At my company we use properties in the global setting.xml which the
build is dependent. This make sense since our build is strictly within
our company and everyone uses the same maven installation
For instance:
(in setting.xml)
<profile>
<id>core</id>
<properties>
<adeViewRoot>/ade/viper</adeViewRoot>
</properties>

(in pom.xml)
<distributionManagement>
<repository>
<id>sdp</id>
<layout>default</layout>
<name>SDP Repository</name>
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
<url>file://${adeViewRoot}/sdp/maven2-snapshots</url>
</repository>

I suppose that you could use environment variable, like:
<site>
<id>sdp-site</id>
<name>Service Delivery Platform Site</name>
<url>file:///net/${env.WEB_SERVER_NAME}${env.WEB_SERVER_BASE_LOCAL_DIR}/${oracle.sdp.release}/${env.ADE_VIEW_LABEL}/reports</url>
</site>

I think you might want to check the schema for setting.xml to see where
you can add the element <properties>.

Cheers
Lucas