maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <mdegg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for database creation script built from a real database
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:32:03 GMT
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 23:06:35 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> On 2010-12-06 20:44, Anthony BOUQUET wrote:
>> I guys,
>>

>> I’m looking for some kind of plugin able to generate Database create
>> script from a real database (based in an integration server)
>>
>> I looked after dbunit but it seems it only create schema with an
>> already existing file.
>
> That's how I understand it as well. I've only used a little.
>

>> I want to achieve this in our test phase:
>>
>> ·         Retrieve real scheme from our integration server (We use
>> MySQL)
>>
>> ·         Use db unit to create schema dtd
>>
>> ·         Create (by hand) some sample datas with the aid of dtd
>> generated file
>>
>> ·         Create an in memory database (HSQL for example)  with the
>> retrieve scheme
>>
>> ·         Test dao classes with some samples data injected by dbunit
>>

>> Has anyone developed such a plugin ?
>
> Not that I have heard of.
>
> I'm curious though, why do you want to create the schema file from a
> database? It seems backwards to me.
>
> We use a schema file that is checked into version control to set up our
> database (Apache Derby) for unit testing DAO classes. That same file can
> be used to set up the database on an integration server or a production
> server.
>
> If you want to capture the schema from a live database you can use the
> excellent Squirrel SQL client.

You might be able to use ddlutils and antrun. Some people have talked
about this already on this list (for example: http://
maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Ant-maven-antrun-ddlutils-td127191.html).

Also, there seems to be at least two plugins for ddlutils:

http://talisman.sourceforge.jp/maven-ddlutils-plugin/download.html
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1121

I don't know what the status of either are.

Link to the ddlutils: http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/

I haven't used these with Maven yet, but I'm working on a project where
they (at least one of the tools) has potential.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/