maven-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Loofbourrow <bryan.loofbour...@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Reasonable use of profiles?
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:08:28 GMT

> > Another desire I have is to allow for developers not even building
> most
> > of the modules, and just letting the "ear" project pull snapshot
> > artifacts from the Nexus repo (built by the release team or
> continuous
> > integration).  I could do this with multiple "build" projects,
> including
> > different sets of "module" elements.  That seems messy, however.

You don't need separate projects for this. You just need a bunch of developer-facing pom files
with different <modules> lists. They can certainly live in the same directory. This
is something we definitely take advantage of, for producing interesting developer build sets.

to the Amdocs policy statement,