maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: releas:perform with profiles fails
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:24:07 GMT
http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/ includes a blog entry on using
JNDI to get environment stuff out of projects.
Got tired of writing it every week here.
Putting environmental stuff inside your modules is a recipe for long
frustrating Maven discussions and hours of fruitless screwing about.

If you want anyone to guess as to what causes a compilation error, you
will have to give us some hints about it.
What error?
What does Maven say is happening?

Separation of concerns between development and deployment will make both
sides of the job much easier and much less prone to run-time screw-ups
in production.
As you get further into the process, you will likely get a lot more
environments to support - current production, customer acceptance
testing, pre-release testing, integration testing, localhost testing,
etc. If you have customization for customers or multiple releases in
production, your problems multiply.

Get the deployment stuff out of your codebase ASAP.

Ron