maven-users mailing list archives

From fhomasp <thomas.peet...@realdolmen.com>
Subject Re: Create complicated client jar release target(s)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 13:19:45 GMT

In the local repository?  I guess they'll get over it :-)

I think I'm going to exclude the release modules from the module list, and
include them in a seperate profile like this:

<profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>release</id>
            <modules>
                <module>app1</module>
                <module>app2</module>
                <module>app3</module>
                <module>app1-release</module>
                <module>app2-release</module>
                <module>app3-release</module>
            </modules>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

Because there already is a parent pom, which is used to build the
applications in development rather frequently.  If I add the release modules
to the standard module list they will always get included in the build
process.  It's better that no one sees any release being mentioned unless
they invoke a build with release profile on.

If any of my reasoning is flawed, by all means, point it out :-)