maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: maven to build thin war
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:54:48 GMT
Hi,

Kamran Yadav wrote:

> I am using 2.3.2 now but no improvement.
>
> I understand I can create a separate project for the classes only but that
> is not in my control.
>
> Anyway is there anyway to produce the compiled class outside of
> target/classes folder as in say C:\etc.etc.

Well, please reconsider your usage of Maven. While I am quite sure, that a
way can be found to do this, you contradict the usage of Maven. This is not
Ant. An essential part of Maven are conventions. If you decide not to follow
them, you implicitly also call Maven into question. Therefore you will often
get the answer "follow the Maven way". If you fight it, you will not win a
lot.

- Jörg