maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Problem while deploying snapshot to repository
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:36:19 GMT

On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> Putting repository information in a Parent POM keeps your project POMs small and uncluttered.

I often make an exception to this very good advice:  If I am working with snapshot versions
from a remote repository, I'll temporarily put that repository declaration in the POM for
the project with the dependency, not at the top level.   This speeds up builds because every
defined repository with snapshots enabled are consecutively searched until the latest version
of any snapshot can be confirmed.  Reduce the number of repositories to search, speed up the
build!

Of course, this is not a problem if you use a nearby repository manager.