maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Practical to have "optional" submodules, getting their artifacts from intranet repo if absent?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:36:08 GMT

 I currently work on a large enterprise app built with Ant.  The app is
divided into several projects divided into functional areas.  In order
to build the entire EAR, all of the projects have to be built, even if
you're only working on a single one of those projects.

I'm examining how we could make this work better if we were using Maven.

I guess a straightforward implementation of this would have a main
project POM that specifies all the subprojects as submodules, and also
their artifacts as dependencies.

It almost seems to me that what I need is the ability to have the main
POM be somewhat "dynamic", such that if I'm only working on a single one
of those subprojects, but I need to assemble the EAR containing all of
the artifacts, then the projects that I don't have checked out would get
their submodule entry temporarily deleted, and I would get their
artifacts from the intranet repo.

I would be using m2eclipse.

Does any of this make sense?