maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject How to make sure the local repository contains the latest version of a specific artifact?
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 16:57:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a simple way to make sure my local repository contains
the latest version of a specific artifact (make Maven check the
corporate repository and download a newer version if available).

I guess I could create a POM containing a dependency on the artifact
and build that, but since I'd like to script that task, I wonder
whether there's a simpler solution, maybe through some plugin that I
haven't seen so far.

In case you're wondering why I want to do this, I'm considering to
abuse Maven as some sort of a package manager.

Cheers,
-Ralph.