maven-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetro...@gmail.com>
Subject Generating a POM or repository from an eclipse installation
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:14:40 GMT
Hi,

I have an eclipse installation (this is not available on an update
site). I want to build another Eclipse plug-in using Tycho + Maven 3.
Everything that I need for this new plug-in is in my local
installation of eclipse or on my hard-disk. How cna I instruct maven
to get the necessary dependencies from this local installation?

- I don't want maven to get things from the internet because they are all local.
- I was to define in my POM file something like:
<repositories>
	<repository>
		<id>my_local_repo</id>
		<url>file://path/to/my/eclipse/installation/</url>
		<layout>???</layout>
	</repository>
</repositories>

Do you know something that handles this case: a repository layout that
can pick things from a local eclipse installation?

Currently I use "p2" repository layouts and I have to
find/define/maintain every single Eclipse update site that I used to
configure my Eclipse installation. Having such a solution in place I
only have to instruct maven to pick all the dependencies form my local
installation.

An alternative equivalent solution would be to generate a POM file out
of an eclipse installation. Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay