maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Göttlich <guo.tu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Create jar from ear project or create 2 jars from jar project
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:05:14 GMT
Hi,

we need to create a jar that only contains 2 xml files but nothing more.
Because we have just those 2 files, we don't want to create a new project
for that (especially since Eclipse can't display projects hierarchically).

So the question is:

Is it possible to create a JAR containing those 2 files from either an
EAR-Module or a JAR-Module?
I tried both, using the maven-jar-plugin, but wasn't yet successful.

The problem is that normal EAR or JAR creation should not be affected,
however in the EAR project the artifact was deployed/installed using the
EAR's artifact id.

Is there a way to create two artifacts from one EAR project?
Or is there a way to create two distinct jars from one JAR project in one
run, e.g. not having to start multiple runs with different
profiles/properties ?

Thanks in advance.