maven-users mailing list archives

From Clément TRUNG <clement.tr...@syntesys.eu>
Subject Dependency problem with jasper
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:26:56 GMT
Hi all,

I've come accross the following problem recently:

when downloading Jasperreports dependencies such as apache commons-xxx
libraries with Maven, Jasper site doesn't send a 404 http code but a 202
code with a beautiful redesigned 404 html layered page (similar to this case
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg92732.html). It
happens when maven tries to download the maven-metadata file for example, so
instead of having the previous content :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata>
  <groupId>commons-digester</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-digester</artifactId>
</metadata>

the maven-metadata file contains html code that Maven sure is unable to
read. Obviously, I'm not Jasper forge administrator and can't change the way
the site works, what are the solutions available to handle this kind of
situation ?

Thanks for your replies.