maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem downloading dependency hibernate 3.5.0
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:10:46 GMT
> I agree, but this was not the case. If you see my answer, you'll
> notice that the OP wanted to include a pom-packaged dependency as a
> jar.

Yes, I saw the actual "problem" and your suggested fix. And it simply
supports my point -- this should be addressed by the Hibernate team in
their product documentation.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that Pradnya file a bug with the
Hibernate team so they fix this by adding a "How to use Hibernate
along with Maven" kind of page to their site/docs, and hopefully
Google would pick it up and it would eliminate future confusion by
other newbies who find themselves in the same situation.

Wayne