maven-users mailing list archives

From Zac Thompson <zac.thomp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using release:branch
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:44:27 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Jon Paynter <kittle31@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im trying to get the release:branch goal to create a new branch in my scm
> with a given version number, but it doesnt appear to be working.  Ive tried
> various combinations of parameters from the release:prepare page, but none
> of them seem to do what I want.

Which version of the release plugin are you using?  Which SCM provider?

> so far I have this:
> mvn release:branch -DbranchName=TestBranch -DreleaseVersion=2.1.1
> -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false
> -DupdateBranchVersions=true -DupdateVersionsToSnapshot=false

I haven't used that particular approach before, but most of what you
have should work.

However, I don't understand what the point is of a branch with a fixed
version on it?  Namely, the "-DreleaseVersion=2.1.1
-DupdateVersionsToSnapshot=false" combination doesn't seem to make
sense to me.  Does the plugin work as expected with something closer
to a default configuration?