maven-users mailing list archives

From jhumble <...@jezhumble.net>
Subject Re: Continuous Delivery and Maven
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 04:41:02 GMT

Hi Curtis

I'm the first to admit I'm no Maven expert.

So please let me just confirm. Let's assume I am working on project A which
depends on projects B and C. For the sake of argument, let's say that the
source code for A, B and C have separate roots in SVN, and are usually
checked out independently. The CI system builds A at version 50 using
snapshot dependencies on B and C, which are fetched from a central snapshot
repository.

Later, there are multiple updates to projects B and C which result in new
versions of them becoming available.

Say I now check out the source code to project A to version 50, because I
want to try and debug some issue that cropped up in a performance testing
environment, and I run a maven build. Will that use the latest versions of
the snapshots from the repo, or the versions that were originally fetched
when it was run on the CI system?

Can I even find out exactly which versions from svn the snapshots of B and C
came from that were used by the CI system to generate the original build of
A?

Thanks,

Jez.

On 7 November 2010 20:10, Yanko, Curtis [via Maven] <
ml-node+3254520-1036569885-143561@n5.nabble.com<ml-node%2B3254520-1036569885-143561@n5.nabble.com>

Jez Humble
Co-author, *Continuous Delivery <http://continuousdelivery.com/>*
http://continuousdelivery.com/