maven-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multi-module agregated test report
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:30:56 GMT
Greetings Emerson,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM, emerson <echofloripa.yell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe it is correct to say that MAVEN 2 HAS NO WAY to aggregate
> surefire reports from different sub-modules and at the same time show
> a summary for each module? Could some one confirm this,then I will
> look for another solution.

That does appear to be the case, but I would be remiss if I didn't
point out the somewhat contradictory requests you're making. You want
the aggregation to maintain the separation. :-)

To address your previous observation about Hudson splitting out by
package, I suppose that may be true but I have structured my projects
in such a way (and I suspect most users have) where this is not an
issue. More specifically, for every project I can remember, there have
been no Java-package/Maven-module path name conflicts.

You could open an enhancement request at the plugin's JIRA instance[0]
but I would expect this enhancement to be fairly unpopular (not
negatively popular, but disinterested) given the aforementioned
opposing philosophical goals.

-Jesse

[0] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE