maven-users mailing list archives

From marshall <marshallsw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Figuring out the proper Maven dependency setting
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:40:50 GMT
Hi;
 This is probably a beginner question, but I thought it was worth posing because it is frequently
very frustrating when working with Maven.
 Is there a clear way to know which particular dependencies Maven requires, when working
with a set of jars/libraries?
 For example, I have been trying to get JPA and Hibernate configured properly in the pom.xml.
I have tried so many different variations of dependencies (hibernate, hibernate-core, javax.persistence,
JPA, MySQL, etc.) that I finally just threw up my hands in frustration.
I can get a Hibernate/JPA/MySQL application working just fine without Maven, but when I try
to integrate Maven I'm lost as to which dependencies it needs. They seem to be different than
the jars/libraries I specify in the classpath for a non-Maven build.
Thanks;
Mar