maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Issue if colon in project path
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:08:02 GMT
For one thing, using a colon in a filename on OSX is bound to lead to problems in a lot of
different applications.  That is the directory separator for MFS and HFS volumes, and while
HFS+ and has deprecated use of colon, I believe it is still supported in strange ways.

On Nov 26, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Siegmar Alber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it only my setup or is there a problem if there is a colon in the project path? I
attached a small sample project. (I hope it's allowed to attach files...)

> I'm using Maven 3 and tried it on Mac OS X (10.6.5) and on Ubuntu Linux.
>
> To reproduce the problem:
> 1. Untar the attached project somewhere.
> 2. Try "mvn test".
> 3. Everything works like expected.
> 4. Do "mvn clean".
> 5. Rename some parent directory (or the project directory itself) to something containing
a colon (for example from "colon_issue" to "colon:issue").
> 6. Retry "mvn test".
> 7. It shows a compilation error and, of course, gives you a build failure.
>
> The error message looks something like this:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project colon_issue: Compilation failure