maven-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven site error with version range
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:16:27 GMT
On 2010-11-17 16:54, Jason Voegele wrote:
> I have a Maven project that declares a dependency on another Maven artifact using an
open ended version range, such as this:

>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.terracotta.toolkit</groupId>
>       <artifactId>terracotta-toolkit-1.0</artifactId>
>       <version>[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]</version>
>     </dependency>
>
> (I know that it is to some degree asking for trouble using such version ranges, but for
this particular project we have very good reason for doing so.)

> For the most part this works fine, but when trying to generate the project web site with
"mvn site", I get the following error when it tries to create the Dependency Management Report:

That report is created by Maven Project Information Report Plugin. Which
version of that plugin are you using?
2.2 is the latest version.

>> [INFO] Generating "Dependency
>> Management" report. Downloading:
>> http:/XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR]
FATAL ERROR [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Invalid
uri
>> 'http://XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom':
>> escaped absolute path not valid [INFO]
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>> Invalid uri
>> 'http://XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom':
>> escaped absolute path not valid
>
> As you can see from the message, it tries to construct a URI with the open ended version
range specification instead of the resolved version number, which of course fails.

--
Dennis Lundberg