maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Delivery and Maven
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:33:22 GMT
On 15/11/2010 11:23 AM, jhumble wrote:
>> I would like to see the whole "Best Practice" described. I would like
>> to see how Hudson users deal with mock data and incremental development
>> and testing of on-line applications where the MC and V teams are
>> working together towards a fully functional system or a working bug fix or
>> minor enhancement. How does one manage a production environment  with
>> released systems functioning while new releases are being developed and
>> patches are being applied to the current release?
>
> Without wanting to bang my own drum too much, I just co-authored an entire
> book which covers these topics in detail: Continuous Delivery
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321601912?tag=contindelive-20

Read the sample pages. Nicely written. From the Table of Contents, it
seems to cover a lot of ground.
Some of the sections look short but the details are probably more
appropriately covered in other books.

We do not yet have a lot of the problems that are described and I am not
clear on how CD would help us but your book will certainly be read (as
much as I get to read anything anymore) before we start down that road.

Thanks for point it out in the forum

Ron