maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven integration with bash script
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:10:08 GMT
Start by getting it working with Eclipse and Maven.
Tell Maven and Eclipse that you are trying to build a standalone
application when you create the Eclipse project.
It will structure your project so that it builds one with the assets in
the right place to run it.

Points to remember
1) Don't fight Maven. It always wins.
2) Lots of people are building whatever it is that you are building and
have already solved ALL the typical problems and built these solutions
into Maven and Eclipse.
3) If it doesn't work, you have done something wrong. This is the
hardest one to deal with
4) Get the basics right first and customize later once you know how it
should hang together.
5) When asking a question in the forum, ask in terms of what you are
trying to accomplish not how. You will get much better advice if people
know what you want to accomplish as a result. "How should I set up maven
to build a standalone Java application(compiler)?" than "How do I make
maven tell Ant about classpaths?".

The members here are really great and very helpful.
You will get all the support that you need to make this work well.

Ron