maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Change artifactId by Profile
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:20:08 GMT
This has been covered before (many times).
A common problem.

Make a POM for each client that ONLY contains resources that are branded
or configured for a specific client.
Make each one depend on the common, shared core and then you can easily
build and deploy each client's artifact's properly.

Ron

On 08/11/2010 9:03 AM, Darren Hartford wrote:
> Hey all,
> I have a number of builds that, depending on the profile selected, should deploy a different
artifact.  Usually this is related to branding using the profiles to change the /src/main/resources
to instead use branded versions.

> Problem is, my current approach definitely has some issues with various tooling and plugins:
>
> pom.xml:<artifactId>${myCustomArtifactId}</artifact>
>
> profile1:
> <properties><myCustomArtifactId>app-profile1</myCustomArtifactId></properties>
>

> profile2:
> <properties><myCustomArtifactId>app-profile2</myCustomArtifactId></properties>
>

> Is there a cleaner way to change the 'artifactId' based on the selected profile instead
of this property approach, while still keeping support for things like -source/-javadoc deploys
as well (each branded).