maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Best Practice for using maven for web sites
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 11:56:24 GMT
Does anyone have any comments on using Maven to build static web sites.

The graphic artists building our web sites have created massive projects
full of lots of small graphics projects with various versions of things.

It would seem reasonable to create small projects to create individual
assets such as Flash animations, Photoshop collages, etc.
If these assets were held in repo with a version, at least we could find
the "released" assets with a known version.

This would also fit with our Subversion structure a bit better.

The site would then need to be assembled.

Has anyone done this or, conversely, can think of reasons why this would
be more trouble than it is worth.

Ron