maven-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Site Customization
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:44:08 GMT
On 2010-11-02 20:08, ginni wrote:

> I have tried setting up site.xml in a parent pom project, with the following:

> <site>
>
>   <project name="iCAMS">
>
>     <bannerLeft>
>       <name>iCAMS</name>
>       <src>images/AER_logo_k.jpg</src>
>       <href>http://aerosource.aero.org/icams</href>
>     </bannerLeft>
>
>     <bannerRight>
>       <src>http://maven.apache.org/images/maven-small.gif</src>
>     </bannerRight>
>
>   	<publishDate position="right"/>
>
>   	<version position="right"/>
>
>   	<poweredBy>
>   		<logo name="Aerospace Application Development Department"
>   		href="https://aerosource.aero.org/add"
>   		img="images/AER_logo_k.jpg"/>
>   	</poweredBy>

>     <menu name="iCAMS Project" inherit="top">
>     	<item name="Overview" href="index.html"/>
>     </menu>
>     <menu ref="reports"/>
>     <links>
>    	  <item name="Aerosource Project" href="http://aerosource/icams"/>
>       <item name="Inside Aerospace" href="http://info.aero.org/"/>
>       <item name="Aerospace Corporation" href="http://www.aero.org/"/>
>     </links>
> </site>
>
> However, when I run mvn site-deploy and access the site, the graphics I
> mention are not shown.

Have you included the images in the src/site/resources folder of the
project you are building? Note that such resources are not inherited.

> I do see my index.html as the Overview page, but if I
> navigate to any link in the navigation panel, I can no longer return to
> Overview (it is not included in the panel). None of my links are included
> either.

That is to be expected, as the link you have in your site.xml are
"external" links, i.e. full URLs.

> This looks like a wonderfully powerful way to document our project
> (multi-module with a grandparent POM project, a parent POM project (with
> modules) and modules under that.  But, I have yet to make this basic part
> work.  Is there any better documentation of this customization, or working
> example to follow?

The Site Plugin has docs at

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/sitedescriptor.html

--