maven-users mailing list archives

From chemit <che...@codelutin.com>
Subject properties inheritance does not work on windows os
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:34:05 GMT
Hi guys,

I was testing some of my mojo on windows platform (xp) and how
surprised I was to see there is some big problems.

I had some
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
commons-logging:commons-logging:jar is missing. @ line 48, column 17

when having in my mojo pom :

 <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
 </dependency>

which having as parent pom something with the good
dependenciesManagement filled for this dependency.

Another one, I defined in ma parent pom a mavenVersion property (to
2.2.1)

In the plugin I had

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-project</artifactId>
      <version>${mavenVersion}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

But once again it did not works, while repeting the property definition
in plugin pom it works.

I feel a bit disapointing by such behaviour on windows, I did never
test maven 3.0 before final release and just test it on linux as for
me java is platform independant.
For next releases of maven, before giving my +1, I'll have a check on
windows first, be sure ;)

Is those problem are known? I did not see anything about this on the
list, which means one thing to me : windows users does not use maven
(this was my troll sorry ;)).

Hope something will be done soon about it ;)

--
Tony Chemit