maven-users mailing list archives

From "cbld@netzero.net" <c...@netzero.net>
Subject accessing settings.xml when specfiying user.home
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:12:10 GMT
I am having trouble accessing the settings.xml when running the following command on my windows
box:

   mvn -Duser.home=j:\joe_user compile

where "j:\joe_user" is a samba mounted drive to my unix box in which the .m2 directory exists.
 I've run with the -X switch so I can see what's happening:

   mvn -Duser.home=j:\joe_user -X compile

   [DEBUG] Reading user settings from c:\Documents and Settings\joe_user\.m2\settings.xml
   [DEBUG] Reading global settings from j:\joe_user\maven\apache-maven-3.0\conf\settings.xml
   [DEBUG] Using local repository at j:\joe_user\.m2\repository

I've only included the interesting debug messages and you can see that I am using version
3.0 as my M2_HOME is set to j:\joe_user\maven\apache-maven-3.0

Things run as expected when I copy the settings.xml file from my unix box onto my windows
box into the appropriate directory OR if i add the -s option:

   mvn -Duser.home=j:\joe_user -s j:\joe_user\.m2\settings.xml compile

My question is:  based on the maven documentation, it appears that a user's install is specified
at ${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml  therefore, should specifying the user.home via -D option
point to the correct location and NOT the home directory (under windows)?

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere.  I did perform several searches prior to sending
this email.

thanks

bill