maven-users mailing list archives

From "Yanko, Curtis" <curt_ya...@uhc.com>
Subject RE: Continuous Delivery and Maven
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:58:44 GMT
I would agree with you on this one. I think one of the discussions that
is missing here is the idea of when or how we determine we have
*something of value*.

My assumptions is it goes something like this:

Build -> Inspect and Test -> Value? YES|NO

Right now the approach presented in this group was to *go back* and take
our *squishy* build, harden it, and ship it.

What I like about our current thinking is that we are taking a gamble,
up front, that what we built will have value so we take our *squishy*
build and harden it at build time so that IF it does pass whatever
quality gates are down the line we don't have to fear going back, we can
in fact *pluck it from the stream* or simply allow it to continue on
it's way.