maven-users mailing list archives

From jonjack <jonathan.x.jack...@gmail.com>
Subject m2.conf and local repo custom location
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:11:18 GMT

Hi,

2 questions please regarding the local repository:

1.)
Ive installed Maven 3.0 on my local machine and for various reasons need a
different local repo location from the default path specified in -
${user.home}/m2

So, I updated settings.xml as follows:
--------------------------------------

<localRepository>C:\development\.m2\repository</localRepository>

After building an archetype the custom location was used fine.
However, I am unlcear as to how and when m2.conf is used when running Maven.

Should I update m2.conf accordingly:

from:
set maven.home default ${user.home}/m2

to:
set maven.home default C:/development/.m2

2.)
The local repo gets installed to [some path]/.m2

Why does the entry in m2.conf not specify the  fullstop (.) before the m2?

shouldnt it be set maven.home default ${user.home}/.m2