maven-users mailing list archives

From deepakgang <deepak.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven rpm - Java and Shell script
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:19:26 GMT

Hi All,

Thanks for looking.
I am new to maven and I have a query. This is what I wish to achieve:

1. I have created a Java program (simple core java) which accesses a mysql
db
2. I have an install shell script which runs this program (with two
arguments), gets the output and do couple other functions.
3. I intend to package this into am rpm and then install the rpm on another
machine - which should run the install script, which then will run the Java
program and produce the output. The program would have a dependency on the
msql connector jar file which also should be included in the package.

Could anyone let me know the steps to follow. I have the program and the
script ready but no idea as to how to package it etc.