maven-users mailing list archives

From jmorrow <...@morrowmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Delivery and Maven
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:29:12 GMT

stephenconnolly wrote:

> Well I regard that the project being delivered can only have internal
> -SNAPSHOT dependencies, all external (to the reactor) dependencies
> should be release dependencies.
>
> One of the things I have wanted to do with v-m-p is to hack around
> version ranges... for example...

Couldn't you use v-m-p to update the versions prior to running the release?
(Going down this road we would never have snapshot dependencies)
mvn versions:use-latest-versions release:prepare release:perform

or set it as a preparation goal.

This would update all versions to latest and checkin when done.

Developers could execute this prior to clean install to always be using the
latest stuff.

In fact you could also attach this to the validate phase so the goal does
not have to be specified.