maven-users mailing list archives

From jmorrow <...@morrowmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Delivery and Maven
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:33:22 GMT

stephenconnolly wrote:

> <dependency>
>   <groupId>foo</groupId>
>   <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
>   <version>[1.0,2.0)</version>
> </dependency>

This seems to me to a place where the Maven concept of
<version>LATEST</version> actually makes sense to use. If we add around this
your concept of writting the concreate version and checking-in, it ott work
nicely. With this approach you do not need to keep the meta data of what was
there previously (although I can see the benefit of supporting the ranges).

In a CD environment I'd imagine most of the time you would wnat to be
working against the latest released version of all your dependencies.

If one wanted to control versions of 3rd party stuff you coul duse your
repository manager to lock things down.