maven-users mailing list archives

From blue skyz <bluesky94...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie - having difficulties with jar files
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 04:52:36 GMT

os: Mac OS X
Eclipse: SSTS

I have some sample pom.xml file, that I am using to learn Maven.  I am
posting what I see in Maven console and snippets from pom.xml.

<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>com.springsource.training.release</id>
			<name>SpringSource Training Repository - Releases</name>
			<url>https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/release</url>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			</snapshots>
		</repository>

maven indexes contains http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/

Path to dependency:
	1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.4
	2) org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0

  org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0

 System is offline.

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven
-DartifactId=maven-model -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven
-DartifactId=maven-model -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
-Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
	1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.4
	2) org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0

I understand that I need to authenticate to the project repository. I lost
user name and password since
training was few months back.

But, is there a way for me to set up a my own local repository, which would
get all these jar files
automatically?  I think I simply do not know what to include in pom.xml to
get all dependent jar
files.  I need your help.