maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:48:12 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Phillip Hellewell <sshock@gmail.com> wrote:

> I probably should play it safe because I really don't want any
> artifacts to be incomplete in the repository, even if it is only the
> snapshot repository where this could happen.

Ok, I had another idea that could make developers happier.  Tell me if
this is possible.  I can keep my idea of having ${build.platform} and
${build.config} properties in the parent pom.  Developers could
override these on the command-line or in their settings file so that
it only builds e.g., Release Win32.  Developers can also do an install
to their local repo with an artifact that technically is incomplete.

However, since I never want incomplete artifacts in a remote repo, I
am wondering, can I put in a rule somewhere (e.g., in the parent pom)
that enforces it so that the deploy step will fail unless
${build.config} = "all" and ${build.platform} = "all"?

Please say yes!

Phillip