maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies, modules, and dependency plugin
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:03:53 GMT
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you control B this is not necessary. Simply add a dependency to a
> snapshot of B and, when you build B and, after it, build A, the latter
> will get the latest build of B.
> Or am I missing something?

Yes, of course I can check out B, modify it's version with -SNAPSHOT,
make changes, build B, and then go change A to depend on a snapshot of
B.  And that is exactly what I plan to do, except...

I want Maven to help check out B for me (and other dependencies).  I
can check out A manually, but I want Maven's dependency mechanism to
find B in the (local or remote) repository, and instead of copying its
package(s) (dlls, libs, etc) for me to use in A, I want the option to
have it just look at the pom.xml for B and use that to figure out
exactly what version of  B to checkout from SVN and automatically
check it out.

And if B is not in the local repository already, I want it to
automatically launch a maven install on B, so it will be ready for A.

Phillip