maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:55:02 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> Please, please, please have a look at a repo manager. It has these type of
> features. That's why it's called a manager.

I'm sure a repo manager can do fancy things with multiple repositories
for downloading, and I am already working on getting Nexus set up
today.  But I don't see how a repo manager will solve my problem with
deployment.  You can't deploy with the HTTP protocol, can you?  It has
to be something like scp://, ftp://, or file://.  Are there repo
manageres that interject somehow in the deployment phase.

Since the <distributionManagement> can only specify two kinds of
repositories, snapshot and normal (release), I am thinking that I need
to decide that (from a deployment perspective at least) there are only
two repositories, so I should probably combine my idea of a "staging"
repository with the snapshot repository.

But I'll still need to copy between repositories (copy a non-snapshot
artifact from the snapshot repository to the release repository), so
if stage:copy is not the best way to do this, I'm hoping to find that
this is something Nexus or another repo manager can do easily.

Phillip