maven-users mailing list archives

From Mike Lenner <mike.len...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Build always building against the latest SNAPSHOT version
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:27:35 GMT
> You just need to bump the dep
> version in project-2.

What about the use case where developers on project-2 don't even know
that project-1 has been released?  All they know is the next time they
check in code to shared-util and check in code to use that in
project-2, their CI build breaks.

Maybe part of the release process of shared-util should be to update
some parent pom's dependencyManagement section to the 1.1-SNAPSHOT?