maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:30:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric
<EHASZLA@transunion.com> wrote:

> If you put this in a parent pom, it becomes very hard to change it, and
> this feels like arbitrary, mutable, local configuration that shouldn't
> get hard coded into the builds.

Yeah, I think Eric pretty much nailed it.  In addition to what Eric
said, for me it is also the fact that why should I mess with another
pom file unnecessarily?  That and the fact that I tried it and
couldn't get it working, even after deploying the parent pom.

So anyway, setting a property in the settings.xml seems like the best
approach to me.

Phillip