maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem unpacking dependencies
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:00:56 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric
<EHASZLA@transunion.com> wrote:

> Looking at it from another point of view, what *should* it do with a pom
> artifact?  Simply copying it seems wrong, since there's an explicit
> copy-dependencies goal for doing that.
> I don't think I'd consider this a bug.

It could copy it or just skip it, but giving an error could be
problematic.  How about a warning instead?

Consider this scenario.  What if I had a "pom" artifact that didn't
include a zip or jar or anything, but I need to depend on it because I
need to get everything it depends on, and I want those dependencies to
get unpacked?

Phillip