maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-site-plugin no longer multi-module?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:13:51 GMT
I am trying to get our build system moved over from maven 2.0.8 to
2.2.1, but we have been having problems with the site plugin. While
converting over, I am supporting a profile that changes the plugin
version. Here is the setup:

  <properties>
    <maven.site.plugin.version>2.0.1</maven.site.plugin.version> <!--
Use the one that 2.0.8 uses by default -->
  </properties>
  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <version>${maven.site.plugin.version}</version>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
             <version>3.1</version>
             <exclusions>
               <exclusion>
                 <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
               </exclusion>
             </exclusions>
           </dependency>
          </dependencies>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>
  </build>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>siteFix</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <maven.site.plugin.version>2.1.1</maven.site.plugin.version>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

When I execute "mvn site" from the top level pom directory in maven
2.0.8, it builds the site for the top directory and all of the
modules. If I execute "mvn -PsiteFix site" from maven 2.2.1, it does
not build the modules and only builds the site for the current
directory.

Is there a way to get this to function as it did before?